Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Which hotel management system is the most common in the U.S?

Micros-Opera (OPERA Property Management System ). InterContinental Hotels (which includes Holiday Inns) uses it. Carlson uses it. Wyndham Worldwide has it (and one other, cloud-based system) for you to pick from.
Image result for micros opera
Is it 'the standard'? No, and it never will be. It's too exorbitantly priced, both in terms of initial cost and monthly support costs. I've never known an independent hotel to use it -- it's marketable at all because, in every case I've seen it used, it's some franchise organization's required purchase.
I won't touch it with a ten-foot pole unless I'm running a hotel under a franchise that has it forced on me. I can think of two or three that are just as capable, at much lower cost. The one we're currently looking at for our next hotel (http://openhotel.com/ ), while having some things missing that I'd like them to add, or modify their system to accommodate, actually has unique features that were on my wish list from a few years back (Michael Forrest Jones' answer to Is there a demand for a well-designed hotel website service? ).

Originally appeared on Quora

No comments:

Post a Comment